Friday, April 20, 2012

Divine Grace

Hello everyone! I know it's been a while since I've written but I'm back and ready to fill you in on some great bites. While I was away from "blogland" I found a new bite called Divine Grace. Upon entering the restaurant, an aroma of wonderful homestyle cooking hit my nose. As I approached the counter, my mouth began to water as I saw an abundance of food. First, there were the meats to choose from...fried chicken, baked chicken, ox tails, salisbury steak, and even chitterlings. And then came the sides... macaroni & cheese, dirty rice, white rice, mashed potatoes & gravy, white acre peas, collard greens, green beans, black-eyed peas, and to top it off, flapjack cornbread. It was like Thanksgiving in April! So now it was decision time, and after a few minutes, I chose ox tails, dirty rice, collard greens, and white acre peas. My, my, my...what a bite!  If you want some soul food like Grandma used to cook, then this is the place to go. Oh, I forgot to mention how reasonable the prices are; you get 2 meats, a starch, 2 vegetables, bread, drink, and dessert all for only $9.65 (the ox tails do have an up charge).  So give Divine Grace a try, located on Tennessee St. in Tallahassee, and let me know does it bite or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment